03 July 2008

learning clowns to frown

i get bent to level out
embodiment of a rebel shout
talking shit to wake the dead
fed by a left hook, aching head
make time for no man
tell us what you told them
when confronted by the mob
an alibi blamed on a head nod
grab this sucker by the nape
set him straight, innovate
a new family outing
gauge the success by his shouting
i make fake bets with myself
to fool my bookie
never been one to forsake
the snake for nookie
my city fights for broken lives
'til everyone in the shire dies
'til every saint and sinner denies
the misread tarot card must lie
take the knife out of my back
and whittle down the interface
take the sticks out of the asses
of the nay sayers, call 'em splinter face
race to the finish
final lap with both my ankles braced
strapped, dripping sap
legs bent and wrapped in wedding lace
i accidentally made face
and set the pace
for all these clowns to drown
maybe now they'll learn to frown

No comments: