24 May 2007

comet & snowfall

i am a vagabond who travels alone
i am homely, but have no home to call my own
the failures of yesterday mark my path
dust kicked up from under disappointed, shuffled feet
i am a cave, dark and dank
i am shelter from the rain, yet
i haven't seen the sun in days
(or were it years)
i fear i am all but gone
trading snake oil for wolf tickets
i am not my ancestors
i am nothing you haven't seen before
and yet you seem surprised by my company

save staring eyes for comets and snow fall

i am a boy with imagination
i am a man with dreams
i am ocean calm; i am able to tear down cities
i am a lost cause; i am hope
i found life in a healthy fear of living
i found pride in humanity
(then lost it to shame
in favor of the blame game)
our obligations to our fathers' efforts at peace
were over-looked, pending a war
i am forever; i am never
i am accident; i am purpose
i am a liar
(i swore i wouldn't turn out like my father)

whistling winds howl to compete with underground screams;
the souls are restless, oh yes
i am not popular, culture or otherwise
i am no lover, nor fighter
but a lover of fire
burning crop circles in your fruited plains
i am desert winds; i am a cool breeze
i will not be;
i will not cease;
i will not rust nor shine
i will not feed the beast
(the beast is me)

i am comet
i am snowfall
i am destruction; i am pure
i am everyone you know
yet no one you've met -

yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?