11 May 2007

goddamn, god blessed me

i can't remember the past
let alone my name
i can't ignore the signs
not to mention the pain
i can't acheive my goals
if i don't break this chain
and i'll never be a winner
if i don't play the game
fuck finding a vein,
i get high on life
at least that's what i tell myself
to sleep at night
and this track's all that's
keeping me alive
i tried life once
but couldn't ever get it right
with a roll of the dice
i follow their advice
to shoot the crap spat
from a snake eye's vice

i never knew as much as
i know this second
i know how to hold the weapon
but lack the discretion
hair trigger shot the teacher
before he finished the lesson
so maybe we should get a bite
and then fuck out of spite
i might actually learn something
if you teach it right
and i might go to heaven
if this preacher's right

he's saying: stop, look,
listen to the voices
the only thing we'll ever be
are products of our choices
so bring your egos to try me,
test me, choose to lose,
goddamn, god blessed me

No comments: